View Single Post
Old April 3, 2017   #10
garyjr
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottinAtlanta View Post
Folks, I now have my greenhouse in place, and my peppers, eggplants and even tomatoes overwintered beautifully. The entire structure is built from 100+ year old materials from dumpsters, basements, and sidewalks in our neighborhood in Atlanta, Georgia. Thanks to everyone who gave me tips, particularly the one who told me that I should build the largest greenhouse possible, since anything else would be too small very soon. They were right!

I have put together a slide show showing the construction process, and the final greenhouse. You can toggle the slideshow in the upper right to go quickly through all pics. Here it is - enjoy.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/974836...57678864561533
Nice, I have about 50 wood window panes and most of the materials for mine. Just need to find the time to build it. Mine will be off the back of the garage and have a roof slope similar to yours. I have some heavy plastic to use first couple seasons for the roof and see how that goes, then switch to the double walled panels from the local greenhouse supplier, but they are not cheap. Didn't get to look through all photos but what did you use for ventilation? What are some of the ways you plan on using it? Since my climate is similar to yours I was wondering what could possibly survive in there in June-August...