View Single Post
Old January 26, 2017   #6
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

Lithium Sunset:

Nice tomato, but not suited for farmers so gave the others the go-ahead to share the line. It is a nice tomato for gardeners, and I am not actively working on it. Fruits too variable. Production not great. Fruits soften way too fast. Those are the reasons I do not recommend it for anyone trying to get decent production and/or sell tomatoes.

I have gotten a couple of examples back from people who like it, and I may release it again at some point (on a small scale at our website).

Yellow Jazz:

An example of where we just have not been able to select a stable OP we are happy with. The flavor and other fruit qualities of Orange Jazz are so much better that we are not even working hard to select a Yellow Jazz line. We are still trialing and selecting in the "Yellow Jazz" area. We have multiple lines that we still work on that might eventually yield a Yellow Jazz that is worth releasing.

Collaborating Memberships:

This is where people get our Yellow Jazz trial lines. Eventually we may give a collaborator the go-ahead to share a Yellow Jazz. Until then, we would prefer to reserve the name for something that we release and are happy with.

Last edited by Fred Hempel; January 26, 2017 at 03:30 PM.
Fred Hempel is offline   Reply With Quote