View Single Post
Old August 5, 2017   #55
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
Steve I have been using the diluted bleach spray for nearly a decade now and have not had any problems. Of course you have to use common sense and not spray against the wind or breath in if it gets blown your way. It is often best to spray when there is little or no wind but that is not always possible so I try to stay upwind when spraying bleach or any fungicides or pesticides. I wear glasses so have never gotten any mist in my eyes so wearing some kind of protection for your eyes would be sensible with anything you spray. In other words just use common sense.

Bill
Bill, my advice wasn't intended for old farts like us, it was for young farmers who plan on living for another 50 years. Unless someone is spraying more than just a few plants, I recommend a respirator, with the proper cartridge, when spraying any chemical including bleach. I also highly recommend checking the PAN database before using any pesticide. There are popular pesticides commonly considered safe, that can cause problems . A respirator is a pain-in-the-A to wear but it is relatively cheap insurance.

Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote