View Single Post
Old September 8, 2007   #4
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Well I just walked in the door from the Buffalo-Niagara 2007 Tomato Tastefest....and as tired as I am after a great day, long drive and dropping off my two passengers....not too mention meeting some great people face to face, gorging on at least 75 to 100+ varieties, seriously good delectables bbq'd/grilled up by Remy's family - Gary and Jeff, I think did the honours....pigging out on some wicked salad made by Marcia, divine carrot cake made by???....and death by chocolate cake....I can safely say, I drove, I saw, I met, I sampled, I pigged out, and now I'm totally knackered, but totally replete.

What an incredible event organised by Remy and Mark. Kudos for doing all that work...including the great tomato shaped directional party signs on the streets leading to the location! I can only imagine that as hard as it will be to top this year, next year is going to even better!!!!

BTW...far less issues bring tomatoes home across the border...lol...than the questions on the way down. Okay apparently to say that any of the fruit and veggies I was taking down were for the salads I was taking down....hehehe. Ok, there was a premade salad and baba ghanouj in the cooler ....but the rest were for the fest or for pics...lol. No worries. Definitely going to repeat next year.

And one last big thanks to all those that allowed us to scavenge seeds from the taster tomatoes....and an even bigger one to Mark for sharing from his incredible stash of seeds he brought along. Merci beaucoup toujours.