View Single Post
Old June 7, 2018   #16
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

I think that bug you see in the first picture is engytatus modestus, aka the tomato suck bug. They burrow into tomato stems, and they produce bulging like you see in the last photo. That bulging area becomes a stem that can break very easily . They will suck all your blossoms dry. Bad news to get them. They are sort of a cross between a bad guy and a good guy but I would call them more of a bad guy and I would want them out of my garden ASAP. They do eat certain bugs, but they also pierce and suck the juices out of your tomato blossoms. Not much fruit can be produced when you don't have blossoms. I have found that spraying with Permethrin helps a lot. I buy the 10% and then dilute it to 1 teaspoon per gallon.
The black bug with the wings in the second photo is a winged aphid. Below is a photo of a tomato suck bug, they come in green and also yellow and brown. And you have a pretty bad infestation of them I think.
I do not see any leafminer evidence.
The webbing that you saw on your cucumber is actually the fluffy feathery stuff that some seeds used to fly and spread on the Wind. That is just a seed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (6.0 KB, 49 views)
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote