View Single Post
Old April 25, 2020   #24
Tomzhawaii
Tomatovillian™

Default Masterblend question/issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmark View Post
It is not only a complete fertilizer, it is tailored specifically for tomatoes in containers. Other than Haifa products or doing the mix myself, it is Hydro gardens blend all the way. I have used it for several years, works like a charm.

If you use this fertilizer correctly I think you could have some real issues adding other fertilizers. These tailored fertilizers have been dialed in by element analysis of leaf samples. To add more or less I think would show up in the reports. I think a little Blue Lab pen would help too, the Hanna's are decent also. Then follow the directions and see what the pH, and EC is. Adjust as needed.
Aloha,
I would like to start by saying that I hope everyone is doing ok. I seem to have ran into a situation that needs more information.
I have some cloned and seed plants. Big cheef, Tenn suited, Amish paste and a generic cherry. All have grown in a coco, perlite & hydroton mix using Masterblend. I watch ppm (800-1000)& ph regularly (6.5-7.0). My issue is tomatoes grow and bloom after 25 -35 days. I get what seems like some lockout. My leaves curl and pea size tomatoes stop growing. This is a reoccuring problem. I change nutrients and go for awhile, then it all goes south. I do clean my coco using Florakleen and rinse like crazy, before plant or transplanting.
I would love to hear what you think.
Aloha,
Tom
Tomzhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote