View Single Post
Old July 14, 2013   #7
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markitude View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I found some more specific specs.

For the 8ft tall fence:

20 horizontal wires spaced: 6@3", 2@4", 2@5", 3@6", 6@7".

So only the first 18 inches has 6" X 3" openings and the next 8" has 6"X4".

Only the bottom 26" would have less than 6"X5" openings.

And I think it might be smarter to turn it upside down. Then up to 6ft tall the openings would not be smaller than 6"X5".

Now that I have gotten all that out of my system, I have made a discovery that probably everyone knew but me...

I knew you could turn the FLAT panels either way you wanted to make tall and narrow or shorter and wider cages. But the widest flat panels I found were 4ft so that would be some pretty skinny cages at 15" wide. And 4ft tall is too short.

However, apparently it is going to work to turn the 5ft X 150ft rolls around too. If I roll them at 90 degrees to their original direction, apparently they will still be rigid enough and 19" diameter and as tall as I want to make them.

I tested this out on a couple of old wire mesh cages that the former owners had left here.

Problem solved.
Yep, that works too!

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote