View Single Post
Old August 28, 2009   #13
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Well I calmed down over nite and didn't fire the guy. But I did talk to the whole crew at the beginning this morning and explained why I was so mad yesterday. Also that guy got told that he almost got fired and if he doesn't LISTEN in the future, he will be.

Mainly I didn't want to have to train a new crew during my busiest week of the year. Next weekend we not only have our usual markets, but we have a 2 day Labor Day event that is usually our biggest market of the year.

While it's quite cool, we are getting a bit of sun since lunch. A few things just may blush by Sunday.

Yes we do have at least 200 more varieties beyond what is in the rows that got picked, it was just that some of the BEST big varieties were there and I know I don't have more of most of them further out in the field. There were a couple of just about "pooped-out" varieties, probably determinates, that I was going to save for seeds and now I may not have much more of them coming.

At least we don't have all the diseases that are all over the east or we wouldn't even be having a tomato day at all.

The 2 "porta-johns" were just delivered, so I guess it's officialy happening.

I'll try to take pics and report back next week after I wind down.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote