View Single Post
Old August 31, 2017   #144
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

So I tried to compare the four varieties - Gallego, Rosa de Huesca, Salobre and Zamorano. As far as taste is concerned, so without any modifications so Gallego, Salobre and Zamorano have a similar taste, I have not found any difference. Probably because these three tomatoes are red. Rosa de Huesca has a slightly different taste, better for me (but not so much). It's a pink tomato (I checked it by the skin). Everybody tastes excellent.
Similar results were when I tasted these tomatoes eaten on bread with butter.
Part of these tomatoes I gave away and now every day I make such a quick salad. I cut one tomato on big cubes, salt, add to the small chopped onion and a little olive oil. I immediately consume the entire sitting. Fast and delicious.
For the first time I tried ripened tomatoes fried (slices about 1/2 inch thick) wrapped in smooth wheat flour. Before the end of the frying I gave on them sour cream, salted and pepper. It was excellent.
If there's anything left, so I put them on a baking pan and roast them to make a sauce for the winter.
I have grown eight plants (two by each) this year, next year I want sixteen plants.

Vladimír
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote