View Single Post
Old October 9, 2013   #437
z_willus_d
Tomatovillian™

Default Pics 10/7/13

Hi Ivan,

I'm sorry to learn you've been under the proverbial weather. I took these pics a couple days ago in the morning. The CP seems to be doing the best of the group, but even he is sagging some. He's showing some sad looking blooms, but the biggest issue is that the vines aren't growing bigger. We've had idea weather here this past couple weeks (~80-88F/~50-55F, day-night). I guess it's getting a bit cold at night for optimum. I've seen less evidence of mite damage of late, though some of the leaves have been curling (probably for other reasons). I probably should give the vines a hit of fertilizer soon. I've been watering in the trenches we discussed every three to four days.

I realize the pics aren't very telling with the contrast and stark dark/light exposure. The best time to capture photos is on a cloudy day, so I'll keep an eye out for one and try to take more detailed pics showing the stems and branches.

On the bright side, I think the broccoli are all quite happy and zooming along well. I have another 20 or so of the old plants to pull down yet. It's taking time!!

Well I hope you feel better now.

Thanks for texting in.
-n
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1001.jpg (239.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1002.jpg (237.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1003.jpg (266.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1004.jpg (273.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG1005.jpg (273.3 KB, 21 views)
z_willus_d is offline   Reply With Quote