View Single Post
Old November 13, 2015   #10
MendozaMark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
You mentioned hot and dry in your melon thread.

So, Wando is about as good as it gets for hot weather conditions. And, there might not be much disease in dry conditions? Of course, you might not be doing peas at the same time as melons, and those conditions may not be the same for you.
It is pretty much always dry here, and sun hours are always great. I am growing peas early spring and will try again in the fall. I had very good success with Lincoln peas, but I am always looking to see if I can do better or find better. I am hoping in a year or two to master my gardens to maximize its potential. I grow other cold veggies too like spinach, lettuce, mustards and stuff. I rather have more peas and less spinach, sorry Popeye. Until this year I hadn't had much luck with peas, but the worm has turned and I am starting to figure this desert gardening out. So I figured I would look to see what people had for high yielding tasty English peas, and tougher the plant the better. I also had good success with Golden Snow Peas, so they will be mass planted next time too. A lot easier to pick due to their yellow pods.

I think Wando and Tall telephone peas will be added to my Lincolns for next year. I will try to trial one or 2 new ones every year.

PS ...sorry if i am inconsistent or lapsing in replies, its helter skelter these days here so i am stretched thin like too little butter over toast. I do read all replies and try to reply as best I can. I really appreciate and value everyone's opinion and advice here.

Cheers !

Mark
MendozaMark is offline   Reply With Quote