View Single Post
Old April 1, 2012   #52
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

Question about cutting CRW. I was going to buy bolt cutters but realized that I didn't have the hand/arm strength for more than a couple of cuts when I looked at them at Home Depot.
I bought a 50 foot roll of 5 foot CRW for my tomatoes. I'm going to trellises instead of cages. The stuff wasn't cheap at $98 a roll! I thought about getting the cheaper garden fencing at half the price but it has much smaller holes and is much lighter weight. Would be fine for the trellis idea, I suppose, but if I decide to convert to cages next year I wouldn't be able to use it.
I'm hoping I'll eventually convert this to cages, however, if I move next year, it makes more sense not to make a bunch of cages. I could probably sell the cages on Craig's list, I suppose but it would be one more thing to worry about before moving.
Anyway, has anybody ever cut this stuff with a cutting/grinding disc? Or, any other ideas? My hands just aren't that strong and hubby isn't available to help right now. It will I can do to get 9 t-posts pounded. Hoping irrigation today will help.
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote