View Single Post
Old February 9, 2012   #44
PennyM
LIAR AND THIEF

Hi again, Muck4doo,
Thanks for the call out.
As you know we've modified maybe a dozen names of the tomatoes on my website.
Although some of the changes were very minor...like 'Roma tomato' to just 'Roma....or 'Black Sea' to 'Black Sea Man' or 'Sunshine Heirloom' to just 'Sunshine' we were very arduous and deliberate to bring ANY Tomato varieties to their EXACT name and correct spelling to satisfy all of our Friends here on Tomatoville as well as Tatania and Craig that so generously offered to help us be totally accurate.
I think we're 100% good now.
The 4 Tomato varieties that you question with my name on it are Family heirlooms that go back at least 5 Decades....probably a lot longer from our farm in Arizona.
They may have been Hybrids way back in the day...I don't know..but as you know once a variety has been grown for 8 growing seasons it officially becomes a new variety of tomato.
These 4 varieties are Family Heirlooms that mean a lot to us for many reasons.
We also checked from a legal perspective and we're good to go.
I do need to stand by the name of these tomatoes.
Thanks again for the call out.
We've added 13 New tomatoes and products to ur 2012 Collection and made 100% sure of the accuracy. For example we've added a category for "Monster Red" Varieties (we've received a lot of requests for these) and added a "Monster Tomatoes in a Box" item (at a discount vs. buying seperately) that includes the Giant Belgium, Giant Syrian, Italian Giant, Sicilian Saucer, Giant Beefsteak and Mortgage lifter. All names are accurate.
Hope everyone has a fantastic growing season!
Great Gardening,
Penny
PennyM is offline   Reply With Quote