View Single Post
Old December 7, 2013   #66
TedB
Tomatovillian™

Hi..I've been "reading you" for a ton of time...followed the Black Tomato discussion/got back last week. Anyway..I 'found' the BPT on Tomatojunkie's web site--Iva Graša, near Novo Mesto in Slovenia. I grew it out this past season (on the Hood Canal, Wa) have a couple of pictures I can share. I noticed both Iva's note (pic's ??? - see http://www.xxxxxxjunkie.info/index.p...i-paradiniki); also Andrey's Jan 4, 2013 note/pics:

"Kubinskiy Pertsevidnyi (Pepper-like from Cuba) is the right name for this tomato. It is called Kubinskiy Pertsevidnyi Chornyi and Kubinskiy Chornyi Peretz sometimes as well."

My/Iva's BP looks to be a bit longer, rippled, and with a greenish shoulder. Anyway...

I am down to 3 seeds for 2014...should have been smarter about saving seeds in September last. Checking Iva's web site I found that she's placed Black Pepper in her archive--I've emailed her/no response so far. Tatiana, up in BC, doesn't recognize the variety/possible breeding..either. ted URL) and Andrey's Jan 4, 2013 note+pics..especially Andrey's speculation:

Kubinskiy Pertsevidnyi (Pepper-like from Cuba) is the right name for this tomato. It is called Kubinskiy Pertsevidnyi Chornyi and Kubinskiy Chornyi Peretz sometimes as well.

My/Iva's BP looks to be a bit longer, rippled, and with a greenish shoulder. Anyway...

I am down to 3 seeds for 2014...should have been smarter about saving seeds in September last. Checking Iva's web site I found that she's placed Black Pepper in her archive--I've emailed her/no response so far. Tatiana, up in BC, doesn't recognize the variety/possible breeding..either. ted
TedB is offline   Reply With Quote