View Single Post
Old January 10, 2017   #19
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Default Unfortunately I heard a crack..??

Patti..I have damaged the fourth one ...I never noticed the main stem was not taped to the stake and I had it out of the pot and in the process of putting it in the drum when I heard the crack ...I had no one to help so when I got out of panic mode I realised I had to lift it back out of the drum and lie it down which I did ..I then got some plastic tape and tried to see where it was damaged..I think it could be the main stem and taped it up to the stake properly and lifted it into the drum..I put the soil around it and compacted it down and managed to lift it into the greenhouse where i inspected it and put a side stake in and tied everything to keep everything upright...I think it twisted more than duubled into a break ..I will not move it now til I have to..I will just have to be very careful probably get some help ..
..Remenber the #3 Original TT..I broke the head of it and taped it up with bandaids ...They are still around the break and that is the last survivour so I presume the head breakage healed itself...

I have two more to do so I will make sure it does not happen again...these drums full of soil are at the very limit of my lifting capability...
Regards Ron

Last edited by murihikukid; January 10, 2017 at 11:33 PM.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote