View Single Post
Old August 2, 2016   #13
Hellmanns
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I have a friend that worked where I worked and hated it as much as I did and wanted to be with his children.
He bought a small farm and continued working for awhile.
Then he quit went home for good got a job and started using his farm to make money and feed his family.
He is now doing so well he quit the day job he had and is working full time on the farm and doing great.
He didn't know hardly anything about it and was in his 30's when he started.
He is now butchering his own hogs and cattle at home making lard and everything including a milk cow and his kids are right there learning and helping.
They grow flowers vegetables and fruit to sell and everything that place can produce.
It was his dream to do this.
One thing is for sure those kids are going to know where food comes from and what work is.

Worth
That is exactly what I wanted to do for my kids, and at this point, I have succeeded.

My best friend of to many years to count watched me for years. He didn't know anything about farming, or produce when we met. Now, he and his family, including grandchildren have a hugely successful produce business.

A buyer, and friend of my best friend, asked him how long he had been growing produce because he was so impressed with the abundance, and quality of his offerings. He told the guy "about 8 years now".. The guy said NO WAY you learned all this in 8 years! My friend told him he had 20 years experience before he even started. When the guy told me what my friend had told him, it nearly broke my heart.
Hellmanns is offline   Reply With Quote