View Single Post
Old July 22, 2018   #199
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnniemar View Post
As the season has progressed my matsu's have gotten bigger. The heat here has been really bad until a few days ago. Still very little rain. I picked my largest matsu a couple of days ago. It was 9 ounces and the taste was as one of the best i have had this season.
That sounds a lot better. Mat-Su Express has really caught on up here, it is the most asked for by name tomato that I sell.

I have a couple of others that people are going to tweek over. The best I have is Bloody Butcher x Dester (pink) F4. It is amazing, it has a very complex taste and the fruit has a good shape. If I can retain what I have in subsequent generations I will kill it at the markets with this tomato. Very exciting indeed, I will grow 10 or less varieties next year, the experimenting is coming to an end.

Thanks for the report. I am growing the Mat-Su F9 seeds right now. I will send a bunch to someone like Marsha who does seed offers, so they can spread the joy. I have them pretty dialed in, more than 80 percent of 32 are on the early side, the rest are just a few days behind. I grew about 500 plants to get it it stable to my liking, so I hope they do well for all to enjoy.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote