View Single Post
Old November 18, 2012   #51
kilroyscarnival
Tomatovillian™

All these are making me hungry and I just ate breakfast.

I have three zucchini plants, and I love zucchini a couple of simple ways. Favorite is either lengthwise planks on the grill or planks or long wedges (like pickle spear shape) in my cast iron grill pan. I can get ore wedges cooked at a time than planks. I spray the with my olive oil sprayer gizmo, a little salt and pepper, and a little supermarket balsamic glaze ( nothing too pricy) gives a nice flavor. Lately smoked black peppercorns are my favorite condiment, and a little ground smoked pepper and dash of cuin made up for the lack of charcoal char.

I have also either grated on a box grater, unpeeled, and sautéed the grated zuke and used as a pasta like side dishi. A little lemon peel and lemon juice at serving, or mint or basil, give it some bright flavor. Have also used zucchini interlayered with lasagna noodles (or eggplant).

The massage therapist was telling me Wednesday that her mom used to grow tomatoes and zucchini on their terrace in Germany, and that zucchini stuffed with sausage was a tradition on her birthday in late September. She says she longs for some fully grown large zucchini instead of how small they are usually picked; I will see if I can get some for her.

Never thought of mashed zucchini, and elsewhere on this site I saw zucchini stuffed tomatoes. Good stuff! Will have to try. - Ann
kilroyscarnival is offline   Reply With Quote