View Single Post
Old July 28, 2007   #10
NCTIM
Tomatovillian™

Hey folks,

What a wonderful time we had today at Tomatopalooza. This was my 3rd trip and by far the most meaningful. It’s really heartwarming to be a part of the hospitality that was shared today at our gathering. I didn’t meet a stranger today. I was surrounded by genuinely good folk, that were eager to share their thoughts and smiles. My Uncle returned for his 2nd ‘palooza and each time I looked for him he was talking with someone. My friend Bob is already looking forward to coming back next year.

It was great to see familiar friends like Craig and Lee and others that I recognized from past trips but it was especially nice to have met those that I had not met before. I heard it said many times today how nice it is to associate a face with a screen name and I agree. I know I didn’t talk everyone that was there that posts here, but I did talk to some. I spent a few minutes talking with Mischka and no longer think of him as the Wizard of Oz. Mischka is very friendly and unbelievably easy to talk with. It’s no wonder he has been so successful in his endeavors. I was very happy to met and speak with Suze. She has been very kind to me and if memory serves me, she is the person who invited me first to Tomatoville. It was a pleasure to meet Rena and Morgan as well. The fact that all of you went to such lengths to attend speaks highly of your sincerity. Jim and his grandson, both from Columbia S.C., had a wonderful story to share about how Jim’s interest in gardening has been picked up by the grandson. Next year I need to try growing Ashley cucumber.

So my thanks go out to Craig, Lee and our host Jimmy Holcomb, as well as their spouses.

My favorite tomato today was Little Lucky and Rasp Red.

Black Scorpion wins the hot pepper award.