Thread: vacuum sealer.
View Single Post
Old December 12, 2018   #15
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

He's a joke.

1. He's a terrible Billy Mays and is doing an infomercial. There's a reason he turned off the comments.

2. You don't lose anything on the bottom, the bag doesn't have to go into the vacuum chamber to seal it. I leave a 1/4" space, sometimes I leave a 1/2" space and seal it again at the 1/4" line of the bottom. In reality I can seal twice within a 1/4" of the bottom if you want to save a 1/4" of the roll. I also always add another seal at the top too because it only takes a few seconds and it's insurance that it will last for at least 2 years in the freezer if it gets lost in the bottom.

3. You can buy those same bags and use a strip of a foodsaver type bag, check the video I posted.

4. I did the math on the bags I posted from Amazon and it's 14˘ for a 10" bag.

4. You can flatten your meat in the bag the way you want it before vacuuming==same thing so I call that a push.

5. It won't seal liquids like soup unless you used a longer bag or you can use a strip of paper towel to stop the liquid. I would freeze in a serving size container then vacuum seal.

6. I searched the "Chamber vac machine" and the cheapest is $380. so if we do a little math and say you vac seal 200 items a year using his cheap bags. You're paying 11˘ a bag unless you can find them cheaper. 14˘ vs 11˘, again I call that a push.

7.Saving 3˘ a bag and the cost of the machine isn't saving, you'll be dead by the time you get your money out of it unless you start a business.

8. You have the option of making bigger bags with the rolls. You can even make a bag long enough to put a shotgun in to prevent rust. Just Saying!!!

9. You can make any size bag you need out of the rolls. I can take an 8" roll bag, cut it 10" long then cut that in half and seal the side then seal both ends for a small amount of meat or peppers. By the way, peppers seal really good in these, especially dried pepper flakes.