View Single Post
Old March 20, 2008   #2
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Hi Pomona!
I was just talking about you! I swear. I was at Norm and Marilyn's on Tues. If you remember, Norm was my old neighbor who grows lots of tomatoes. He of course remembers you. He saved seeds from your pepper and gave me some.
Most everyone who came last year has been asking about this year. I've told everyone I would do it again. How could I not? It worked out so well last year. I already have been squirreling away things for the party, so we definitely need to do it again!
I haven't heard from Mark in awhile. I'm sure he is busy with his seeds. Hilde just came back from her Norway/Texas extended vacation, and I know she'll be coming. Rob, who won biggest and best tomato with Earl's Faux, is already making party plans! Norm of course is coming. My sis-in-law has already planned what she is making for a dish this year. I could go on, but you get the idea.
Anyway, yes, you do still owe pics!! But your post also reminds me. I'm suppose to make a tourist thread. I have the web site stuff here, so I just need to do it.
I was thinking of the same weekend again. The one after labor day. It worked out so well last year. Everyone I've suggested it to seems to agree because no one makes plans for that weekend so it is usually free for everyone. I of course need to talk to Mark about it, but that is the tentative idea from me.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop