View Single Post
Old May 6, 2016   #52
ibraash
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannine Anne View Post
ibraash, there are many varieties of potatoes that don't flower so don't let that worry you. I have never grown in the tall wooden towers so I can't help you there. I grow in very large Rubbermaid totes

Potatoes do like the sun . So maybe that is why they yellowed, and they need adequate water too Did you feed them anything at some point..

Also I don't know your weather which may be a decisive factor in their harvest times. I usually wait till the foliage dies down except when I want a few babies from the earlies and I feel down to see what is there..this is firkling.

XX Jeannine
Thanks again.

I am in zone 7b (Atlanta, GA).

When I first planted the potatoes, I added compost and watered thoroughly. A week or so later,
I watered, using a granular fertilizer (20 18 38 NPK), one tablespoon per gallon of water. That is basically it. I watered very little since we had good rainfall. I used the same fertilizer with the same ratio three times. I only use rain water for watering, as I have two rain barrels. So on average red potatoes can be ready in 90 days????

I will best a few pics soon

Best,
ibraash is offline   Reply With Quote