View Single Post
Old June 4, 2018   #20
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara View Post
Crazy weather in Germany, you may have seen it on TV. First a rather long, strong winter, almost no spring, and now hot, almost tropical summer with heavy rainfall, floods and mudslides in many parts of the country, but we we spared so far. A few seedlings were killed by the storms, but that was all, fortunately. The seedlings which have survived, like the hot temps very much; many of them have exploded when the heat began. We are remodeling a part of the garden, so I could not plant all the seedlings yet - they have to be satisfied with small pots before they can move into their final containers. But 28 varieties are still waiting for their final home...

Good luck to you and yours, Ted!
Thank you. I think the entire northern hemisphere has been weird. I got my Blue Lake beans in and had to water them. Then after they popped thru, I couldn't get back into the MUD HOLE my garden had become for two weeks. Yesterday, I took my riding mower in there and "Buzz-cut" the weeds. I'll till everything again two days from now. This year has definitely been a struggle.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote