View Single Post
Old August 3, 2010   #7
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Thanks everybody. The best I have found so far is this one but I still have questions with their numbers:

http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-0816/

Here's why:

Table 1. Conversion From Rate-Per-Acre to Rate-Per-Gallon For Wettable Powder And Liquid Formulations

It lists Bravo Ultrex at 1.5 lbs/acre and 1TBS/gal.

I looked at the product label and for tomatoes it does call for 1.3 to 1.8 lbs/A, so the 1.5 is the midpoint, so that is fine.

But Bravo ULTREX is 82.5% chlorothalonil. Why would we use 1TBS of 82.5% when Ortho Garden Disease Control or Daconil, both 29.6%, use 2tsp or 1TBS?

If anything, you'd think you'd need LESS of the 82.5% than the 29.6%!

Then, they list Daconil Weather Stik 6F as 1.5 pts/acre.

But the gallon rate is only 1.5 TEASPOONS! Daconil Weather Stik 6F is only 54% chlorothalonil but uses (or converts to) 1.5t/gal, or half of what the 82% formula (ULTREX) calls for.

My product(s) isn't specifically listed in that list but one calls for 0.7 to 1.5pts/A.

Ironically, my other product calls for 0.75 to 1.5 POUNDS/acre! And I called the mfr & the spokesperson said to use 1TBS/gal for light disease pressure and 2TBS for heavy or imminent disease pressure. So I guess 2TBS would be.....1.5LBS/A. I'd equate that the 1TBS/gal would be the same as 0.75lbs/A.

BUT looking back at the Bravo ULTREX, which the chart on the conversion page says 1.5lbs/A uses 1TBS/gal, whereas the 1.5lbs/A from the mfr says 2TBS/gal!

Isn't this all confusing? Is it the powder vs liquid that is confusing me?

Are the chart #s close or accurate at all? Is the nice "VERY noticeably Southern gal" (no offense to anybody) manning (no offense to gals) the phones at the 800# ill-informed or dead on? She spit those #s out without even time to think or look first!

Comments anyone?

P.S. I also have an herbicide I need to know how to convert, it uses 0.5-1 OUNCE per Acre!

Last edited by korney19; August 3, 2010 at 12:50 PM.
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote