View Single Post
Old March 17, 2016   #14
oakley
Tomatovillian™

Thank you Lyn. I am lucky that i did not start with the more difficult seeds as my first trials or i may have given up. I've grown red top beet for greens for years in the garden and get a great harvest....a 3x3' bed...a bit like cut and come again. Then baby beets come Fall. So i knew the potential.

My interest started about 5 yrs ago when i was given a 40b bag of mustard seed...(long story). Started making my own mustard, then micro greens.

Like anything in bulk, the price goes way down. For micro i just order a 1/4lb at a time...once a year. I also use it as a salad blend in the garden. Very loose math for me was 12cents a clam shell, then i rounded it up to 25cents since that 12 did not seem possible...

I do have a new 1/4lb pack of celery seed but i've run out of seed start with everything else i have going.

I've discussed this before on another forum and it seemed a bit flicked off. (just one posting when someone asked and others just can't comprehend). Taking the live flats to market is what i've suggested all along and so good to see you are doing just that. I also use the long skinny fabric shears rather than kitchen shears that have a hard time sliding into the stem mass.

We want fresh. Those packaged salad blends in the grocery are bland and often have a few slimy greens that ruin the whole bag....and expensive.
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote