View Single Post
Old December 26, 2012   #10
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath View Post
Seek-No-Further Love Apple was available through SSE, so someone with access to the yearbooks might be able to help you with that one.
Kath,here's my opinion about asking an SSE member to obtain varieties from the Yearbooks, which I have posted here before and I know some others feel the same way I do.

Not that you asked, but you know me.

First, the largest income to SSE comes from membership monies so if others are asking SSE members to get varieties for them, then that's a loss of $$$ to SSE.

Second, I've been an SSE member since 1989 and only twice have I asked for some varieties for someone else, and only from listed members that I know well.

Will someone find an SSE member who will fetch varities for non-SSE members, probably, and probably from members who they don't know at all.

Just my perspective on this issue.

Well I fremember the time I got a long list of variety requests from someone and many on that list I was no longer listing. it turns out that sometimes Yearbooks end up in libraries and those perusing them don't know that one can only request seeds from the current Yearbook and the current 2012 Yearbook will soon be obsolete until the 2013 is available. I didn't check but I don't think the online 2013 is available online yet, in any case there are many of us who will not accept requests from the online anymore, it's complicated.

All submissions for the 2013 go to the online first b'c the paper Yearbook, which I prefer, is printed from the online. So with my SSE blurb I say that I will only accept requests with the 2013 SSE request form sent by mail.

Carolyn, the contrarian.