View Single Post
Old May 1, 2015   #52
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
Carolyn,

Sometimes many more than two. I honestly have no idea how many leaf rakes we have. There's a special small one for raking in restricted areas...One with an extra long handle/pole so I can rake under huge bushes...A huge plastic one that my brother uses for raking masses of leaves...My favorite two or three that just feel good, and then all those metal rakes and each has their special purpose/s.

It just depends on where you live and what is helpful to maintain it.
Just like I said... One of everything and two of some. We also have several different styles of rakes. My FIL cut every other tooth out of the yard rake and a landscape rake for rocks. We have regular landscape rakes, leaf rakes, skinny leaf rakes, a retactable metal leaf rake that is pretty cool, yard rakes, short handled rakes to get under the apple trees...and I am sure a few more. We have an excavating business... I can't even begin to list the number of tools in the garages. If we don't have it or someone misplaces something my dear husband is not at all backward about going and buying a new something. shovels... digging shovels, spades, scoop shovels, track spades for cleaning the tracks of the excavators, heavy orange rigid shovels and a couple of those awful wavy edged digging shovels, stone shovels( they have holes to lighten the weight of the shovel for shoveling stone..."ditch"shovels for cleaning the last little bit of stuff out of the ditch before laying pipe. It has a narrow blade that is about 12" long. I have no idea what there real name is. I have never seen them for sale anywhere. They must come from a specialty supplier. I can't even begin to imagine an auction or a sale or moving...

Don't forget a workbench grinder.