View Single Post
Old August 27, 2010   #17
Crispy Corners Guy
Tomatovillian™

I has planned to attend too, but I had all kinds of things that went haywire and just couldn't make it. I'd love to hear how the tasting went and which varieties got top honors.

I had two HUGE Sudith Brandywines that were just perfectly ripe yesterday, and my wife (whose love for real tomato flavor drives my passion to grow these amazing plants) enjoyed most of one of them with dinner last night and took the other today to her 82-year-old father who has been in poor health and not able to grow real tomatoes this year. She took lots of Mexico Midgets to her Dad too for size contrast and because they just taste really great -- and the one plant we have has produced boatloads of the tiny things this year.

I took a sack of Striped Caverns, Ben's Ivory Pear, and Sungolds to my coworkers who thought they'd died and gone to the new heaven of heirloom tomatoes!

Thanks so much to all who gave me plants in the spring, and I can't wait to hear how the tasting went. I sure hope I can make it next year!

Tim