View Single Post
Old February 16, 2013   #56
surf4grrl
Tomatovillian™

I find very unfortunate and sad, actually that this is being spun as jealousy. Someone sounds like they have a North Korea complex.

Steve's problem is with theft, I think that was outlined clearly. If you look back onto another forum which was an offshoot for only tomatoes; things have been said along similar lines, which effectively spelled the demise of said forum. There's so much swapping going on of crosses; it's easy for an individuals to swipe someone elses work. This is a good lesson for us all; don't swap unless you want your work possibly stolen. That, or in better business arrangements, get a reciprocal contract.

Good on Bill for being truthful about his crosses. My problem is I was deceived on purpose about something I was given. Again, this has been outlined clearly over time - which others also echoed similar sentiments. Now I won't grow it or sell because I might as well start selling "Sungolds" as "surf4grrls orange" or "Mortgage Lifter" as "Enormous red giant".

Not everyone is going to get along and like each other, but please let's at least start with being honest about we are actually growing, who we got it from, not re-naming stuff that isn't yours, not taking someone else work and claiming credit - I think you all get the point.

I appreciate crosses and breeding and will buy those seeds, but only from reputable sellers. This isn't the issue. It's about what I feel is deliberate deception and theft in order to race to the top of the very non-existent "king of all tomatoes" or some such asinine nonsense.
surf4grrl is offline   Reply With Quote