View Single Post
Old September 10, 2015   #10
DarrenC
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MendozaMark View Post
Please keep us informed on your experiment. I still have lots of tea made so I may do the same on a couple of plants. How are you incorporating it into your watering/feeding regiment ? I was diluting it with water at 1 part tea/20 water ratio, and using it about every 2 weeks mid season on. I couldn't start any earlier because i was starting the comfrey from seed. Also it was just for container growing of tomatoes and peppers.

I got inspired from reading about a master hot pepper grower in the UK using it. So I will blame you Uk'ers if it doesn't work !

Cheers,

Mark
Background...
I got a 20l bucket with lid, cut the comfrey and left it for a day to wilt then squeezed as much as possible into the bucket, topped with water and then sealed it up in my greenhouse for 4 weeks. From that point on I wear rubber gloves and old clothes whenever I used it.

It gave me a dirty water look stuff that I diluted 1:10 or thereabouts with water I used this once a week
I've grown all my plants in 13l (about 4 gallon US) containers - because thats what I had...
I started feeding them 6 weeks after their final potting on
The only problems I've had are the weather has been terrible and all my San Marzano's got BER - apart from that I think it's worked for me, just don't know if it'd be better or worse without it - but I have a real phobia of eating stuff chemically treated/fed which is one of the main reasons I started growing anything
I've had quite a lot of cherry toms and a fair few big toms, the biggest a beefmaster at 850g or 1lb 13oz.... Tasty 😁
DarrenC is offline   Reply With Quote