View Single Post
Old July 1, 2006   #66
chilhuacle
Tomatovillian™

That heat didn’t end early enough for me but the forecast does look great now. I have lots of fried brown flowers and a few Nyagous and a Brad's Black heart have sunscald. Fortunately the temps are pretty steadily in the mid 80’s now and I’m getting lots of new blossoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
I was pondering doing a garden tour this year. Maybe the same weekend of the tasting. Anyone interested?
Sounds great, either day works for me, the NORCATT tasting or Morningsun’s tasting. It'd be great to see 'Wild Boar Farms'. Sunday might be better for those attending the Morningsun event since they’ll be so close.

We could even have a Nor Cal La Tomatina a few days before the official one in Spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThumbGal_07
What about labels? Should we include seed origin as well as name? What about font?
If everyone agrees I can print up scoring sheets for what people bring so everyone’s will be identical. Something similar to Morningsun’s, maybe with the grower/(seed source) on the back? I’d just need everyone to e-mail me a week or two beforehand a list of anything they might be bringing. If something happens and a variety doesn’t make it we’ll just toss that sheet.

Input anyone? We should decide earlier rather than scrambling later.

Bruce