View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

3. You have made a cross and carried it through to stability at F8. Along the way you have freely distributed seed of various generations. This season, several vendors will be offering your variety for sale. What percentage of gross sales would you expect from each vendor?

$$$$$

Steve, could you please clarify this one for me?

First you say that various generations leading up to the stable variety have been distributed and then you say that the final stable one is being offered for sale by several vendors.

Why and where would those earlier generations be distributed and for what purpose?

As you know, in my annual seed offer here I have distributed varieties sent to me by various hybridizers that were not yet genetically stabilized.

Personally I'm not concerned about that b'c the seeds were sent to me freely for distribution, but how might that fit into what you posted above?

And I'd be interested to know your opinion of vendors, for there are small family run ones, and then much larger ones and I think it should, or could make a difference on any paybacks one might expect b'c of those vendor differences.

Carolyn