Thread: Weather
View Single Post
Old April 15, 2018   #2061
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

It's been snowing on and off here for most of the day. I went out back to the greenhouse this morning and dug out the entry way to the door. My propane heater was on low all night, when I got inside, it was almost 50F in the greenhouse and just 30F outside. Looking up through the sub-ceiling, I could see the outer roof was covered with snow. I spent about an hour removing the snow and ice off the roof.

Keeping the snow off the roof seemed like it was going to be a losing battle because I would get one section cleared off only for it to get snow covered again before I finished the next section. I had to go inside the greenhouse and pull back the canopy (sub ceiling) on the door end and allow some of the heated air inside to make it to top layer. The warm air helped to keep the new falling snow melted and I was able to finish clearing the roof. I closed the canopy end back up and the roof seems to be staying clear of snow. It's just wet now. When I left to come down to the house, the inside temperature was over 60F with the heater still on low and it was 31F outside.

I going back up to greenhouse now because the plants need to tended to with watering being a priority.
Dutch

The intuitive mind is a gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. But we have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. (paraphrased) Albert Einstein

I come from a long line of sod busters, spanning back several centuries.

Last edited by Dutch; April 15, 2018 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Grammar
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote