View Single Post
Old September 25, 2011   #22
biscgolf
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heritage View Post
Jack,

I just noticed biscgolf's post above quoting a price of $300 for 3000' of the netafim system. That's a lot cheaper than the prices on the SprinlerMart website and puts it in competition with a drip tape system. I've never used the netafim system but the thicker poly pipe should be impervious to crows. The dealer should be able to tell you. Another option is to use a plastic mulch over the regular drip tape or bury the drip tape a few inches (I would use plastic mulch no matter which irrigation system I decided upon). The plastic mulch might, or might not, deter the crows - they are extremely clever and might soon learn how to find the tape through the slits in the plastic. Also, I'm not sure of the flow rate on the Netafim system biscgolf was referring to, so you would need to get that info to see how many 100' rows you can put on one header line. It sounds like your Feb. planting will give you a good opportunity to try either system on a small scale. Hopefully, biscgolf will post his source for the Netafim system - I might switch to it myself.
sorry, haven't been online for a bit- too busy making like a duck with all the darn rain... wish i could send it to texas...

i got my stuff from griffin greenhouse supply... griffins dot com is their website
biscgolf is offline   Reply With Quote