View Single Post
Old May 15, 2015   #60
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Planted out in the field yesterday south field: 57 tomatoes Took about 1 hour.

10 The Miracle BPF control
10 The Miracle BPF Bioensure treated
10 Rutger's det control
10 Rutger's det Bioensure treated
9 Celebrity myco treated by Dutch....Thanks Dutch!
8 4th of July

We tried to get the tractor out to spread more rows of partially composted wood chip mulch so I could do more, but it was just too wet. Tractor was making ruts in the ground. Will need to wait till the ground dries out more before the south field can get more done. Boy is it a mess.

In my small north field 1/10th acre plot the day before I was able to transplant:
20 California Wonder controls
20 California Wonder Bioensure treated seedlings.

They are looking pretty sad but if I can just keep them alive 2 weeks when the sun finally comes out to stay they might recover.

I also picked a bag of sugar snap peas today from my cover crop (rye peas mix). The rye is waist to chest high and the peas right in there with them! Man those peas are good! What a bonus! This wet cool weather is almost ideal for winter planted early sugar snap peas! That's turning out to be an ideal situation. Higher than average warmer spring, but not too hot because of all the clouds and rain. I will for sure do this again.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture

Last edited by Redbaron; May 15, 2015 at 04:05 PM.
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote