View Single Post
Old June 25, 2018   #358
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Korney 19, I use water with 4-18-38 / 15.5-0-0 Calcium Nitrate / Magnesium Sulfate mix every time I water the plants daily. AKmark told me about that. About the calcium nitrate, I did reply to that thread, but I don't use it.

Your reply does bring up thoughts that I was going to write about starting tomorrow. Tonight will work. This rest of this is a reply to the thread and its contributors as well as what you wrote above Korney 19. I know that's kind of different, but I'm kind of different.

Marsha brought up the subject of PH levels earlier in this thread, and I have been thinking about ever since. PH is very important. I'm not sure if my older PH gauge is still working correctly, but I have diverse soil conditions to check it with. If it's not working, I'll buy a new one. I may need to buy some products that will change the PH level to around 6.5.

I do have a concrete mixer, but the 50 year old old Wisconsin Robin hasn't been cranked in over 15 years. Instead, I'll be using a huge plastic tub that holds at least 100 gallons and an eye hoe (Also called a mortar hoe) to mix the pro mix with the MG and MG Nature's Care. Sort of a make your own pro mix type of thing. Sort of...

Worth, you may have noticed that I didn't include the MG gardening soil that you wrote about - that's because the okra is still growing in those buckets just fine. The plants are small, but I have just started introducing them to the 4-18-38 / 15.5-0-0 Calcium Nitrate / Magnesium Sulfate mix a couple of days ago. They need more sun and I need to get them moved today.

I have enough drip irrigation products to supply a 45' x 45' garden. I don't remember the brand name but Home Depot carries it.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote