View Single Post
Old May 21, 2009   #24
chai
Tomatovillian™

Hi Everybody! Great seeing many of you at the Wild Boar last August!It's me, Simcha AKA Chai here from Davis.Got almost all my tomatoes in but having some problems.Might be a magnesium deficiency have brown/white spots on the leaves and even some holes in the leaves.Hoping it's magnesium deficiency and not blight.Some have it, some don't I am hoping the ones that have it are simply the ones I forgot to sprinkle epsom salts into the hole before I planted the seedling.We'll see. Makes me kinda sad.I grew everything from seed and gave away alot of seedlings, got a few more people to garden this year too, so that's good.Let's see I'll think of my list off the top of my head-Oaxacan Jewel, Marvel Stripe, Beauty King, Berkeley Tie Dye, Pineapple, Ananas Noire, Green Pineapple, Amana Orange, Plum Tigris, Julia Child, Charlie's Green, Carol Chyko's Paste, Moonglow, Ferris Wheel,Flamme, Purple Russian, orange Russian, Gary Ibsen's Gold,Zapotec Pleated, the list goes on...Hope I don't lose them all I will be disappointed.Hoping more epsom salts and maybe Tiger Bloom will make the seedlings happier.I didn't buy any new seeds this year due to the economy, but let's face it, I didn't need any!For those of you facing lay offs I will keep you in my prayers.Gardening is a great stress reliever! Let's see I planted squash and cucumbers and a few eggplants.The cukes are doing great! I planted all sorts and a few died and I replaced them and now they are growing happily.Summerdance, Middle east Proliffic, Richmond Green Apple, Poona Kheera,Sweet Slice, Diva, Amira,Boothby's Blonde, Delikatasse...that's the list more or less.I transplanted some of my squash in the heat wave and lost some, but some held on! Portofino, Black Beauty, Gray, Cavelli, Casserta, Cocozelle, Yellow Crookneck, Lemon,can't remember what else.Eggplant is Hansel, Gretel, and Black Beauty.Still planning to plant some white eggplant seeds They love the heat so don't think I'm too late.What's everybody else doing? happy planting! Chai