View Single Post
Old February 21, 2007   #8
svalli
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Tom,

You are absolutely correct in what I am looking for. If I wanted just to experiment with growing potatoes from the true seeds, I could buy the Catalina seeds, but as you mentined I am not looking for any "boring" varieties.

You are doing absolutely wonderful work by breeding and saving the potato varieties. I grew up eating potatoes like my family has been doing generations and nobody really ever realized how facinating plants they really are and how many different varieties there can be. I now find growing different varieties of potatoes as interesting as growing the tomatoes and peppers. I have purchased, traded, collected and saved seeds many types of peppers and tomatoes, and I would like to do the same with potatoes.

I wish I would have known to save the true seeds from my grandfather's field of the fingerling potatoes he always grew. I remeber seeing a lot of berries on the vines. The seed stock of the tubers got some kind of blight, so my my father finally stopped growing them.

If you start selling the TPS, let me know. I would be one of your first customers.

BR,
Sari
svalli is offline   Reply With Quote