Old May 28, 2009   #61
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree View Post
Hi
Maybe Taps or Polish C ?

Neil G. (Canada)
Yes Neil, it was Taps and Craig reminded me of that when he called yesterday about something else and I asked him if he remembered.

He says he was able to stabilize it and thinks that it wasn't stable when it was first listed. I haven't gone back to see who did first list it and when.

The Polish C situation was a bit different. I have RL and PL versions of several varieties and individually they're stable but I don't list or distribute seeds for a wrong leaf form, except I did offer the RL version of Polish C in a seed offer I did at GW quite a few years ago b'c the taste is great and several folks wanted it and didn't care about leaf form and I asked them not to distribute the wrong leaf form. At the time I didn't have the correct PL leaf form

I also have several varieties in both red and pink versions, which isn't all that rare, but don't distribute the wrong color for those either.

Yes, I know there's Amana Pink and Yellow Riesentraube and Yellow Ping Pong and on and on, but I prefer not to knowingly distribute either wrong leaf versions or wrong color versions for specific varieties.

I was a bit surprised when Glenn at Sandhill listed a pink Cuostralee for 2009 and he cited the comment in my book that I did have both red and pink versions of that one. So his red Cuostralee obviously sustained an epidermis mutation from yellow to clear, just as mine had.