View Single Post
Old February 22, 2018   #39
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajun Gardener View Post
Looks like fun, keep rolling. It seems like I'm always transplanting and I just started more seeds.

You're gonna have to make a jig to pop those plants out, you better hit up Youtube for ideas soon.
Yep. The way I see it, seeds are cheap, for the most part. Especially if you buy in bulk. But I do like the smaller packs for stuff im new to, or to stuff im still learning how to germinate or grow. For instance Petunias. Even worse Wave Petunias. I have tried year after year. Not a lot of luck.

Definitely got to keep up with seeding. Dont want to run out of plants at a critical moment. For a lot of stuff, I think 2 week intervals are probably reasonable. You can keep stuff looking fresh that way. Then the stuff that is looking exhausted you can nurse back to good health. Whether it involves transplanting, pinching back, or heavy fertilizing. (Can you tell I did a stint at a Nursery?)

Oh yes to the jig. Probably just a board with dowels standing up right. Pop out a few rows at a time.

On another note, I really want to learn as much as possible about using these plug trays. Im really thinking that in a couple years a Wholesale Plug Business might be an interesting business venture.

Last edited by FourOaks; February 22, 2018 at 07:58 PM.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote