View Single Post
Old June 8, 2015   #41
wormgirl
Tomatovillian™

Hey BlackBear, I was reading some more today about Mountain Princess, and it turns out it's determinate (that would explain the bushyness!) and is said in several reviews on Dave's Garden to continue setting fruit in very hot (100 degree) weather.

I also was just reading about Carbon Copy (small fruited Carbon created by a TomatoVillian) and he also said it sets fruit in 100 degree weather. I am not sure how it performs in cool, but because it is small fruited and ripens early, it seems like a good bet. I definitely want to try it next year. It's said to taste just like regular Carbon, which is said to be similiar to Cherokee Purple, a "big tomato" taste.

I actually have been keeping a list of tomato varieties to try that I think would be good candidates for our part of the world, BUT, I was not particularly thinking of plants that would do well in heat as well as cool. But I guess considering today's weather... (it was over 90 here today!) Did you have a scorcher up there too? I am happy to keep accumulating heat units! And although today was on the hot side, I have fruit set on nearly all my plants. We are having great weather for setting in general right now.

Last edited by wormgirl; June 8, 2015 at 02:33 AM.
wormgirl is offline   Reply With Quote