Thread: Carolyn's Book
View Single Post
Old December 13, 2007   #79
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

I guess this is the best place to post this, but I"m not sure, maybe Conversations might get more readers, but this is about my book and this is the thread about my book.

About two months ago I started getting e-mails and phone calls from several places that carried my book on both websites and in catalogs saying that they had a deadline for their print catalogs and couldn't get a clear answer when they contacted Workman Press about the book availability.

And I was asked to find out what I could. I finally got thru to Peter Workman himself and the situation was that there were no more books, look at the price at Amazon if you want to chuckle as in $40-50, and a decision had to be made about reprinting it.

The decision was complicated b'c it was Smith and Hawken who subcontracted to Workman to do a series of four books, of which mine was one of them.

Cutting to the chase Peter Workman called me a week ago last Friday and said they had decided to reprint the book and on Monday I got a card confirming that.

The book is four color and so is being done in China as is true of most four color books these days. Peter said it wouldn't be available for about two months. So maybe sometime in mid to late January, I guess.

Now I have to e-mail back the folks who had contacted me b'c they had to go ahead and leave my book out of print catalogs and 2008 websites, I guess, and let them know what the situation is so when it's available again they can add it easily to their websites.

If you have any questions or comments I'm here to try and answer them.