View Single Post
Old July 20, 2019   #67
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowingCoastal View Post
There is no risk with cleaner, renewable energy.Science is kind of one-sided that way as in 2+ 2 = 4. Many people here either use their cars less or don't use one at all, like me, and take the bus or ride their bikes, like me. None of us are forcing our ways on others but others are wising up and making changes on their own where possible. Not so easy living rurally with no bus service.

Lately, people here are getting fed up with all the over packaging that comes with our goods making for so much more garbage than seems necessary.
I'm not ((getting fed up)) with over packaging I have been for a long time.
I can assure you I have sat through several Brain washings at a DOW chemical plant touting the greatness of polystyrene AKA Styrofoam.
It was all I could do to keep my trap shut.

People really need to get educated about petroleum and or fossil fuels before they get on the no more petroleum zero emissions band wagon.
At this stage of the game it simply isn't possible or economical.
Even if every car truck and bus on earth was electric those oil wells and gas wells would still be needed.

That is the elephant in the room no one is talking about.

Petroleum and coal is concentrated energy that was once energy from the sun.
We might be able to charge a battery from the sun but correct me if I am wrong: We cant make the rest of the products we need petroleum for from the sun and or wind or another means of energy.

Simply speaking, our days are numbered on this planet if we continue to populate and live the lifestyle we are living with the products we are using.

In the end if things dont change, there will be a social collapse bigger than this planet has ever seen.before.
Climate change or not.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote