View Single Post
Old May 4, 2015   #11
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

I hope I can clear up the confusion. The photo in post 5 is an early one from a seed flat showing 2 different varieties. The plant in the middle is the one in question. It clearly shows that there is one main stem with a lighter side stem growing out on the left, which I believe starts part way up the main stem. There is definitely only one plant. Is it possible this is a result of two seeds stuck together? The photo in post 1 is recent, taken after I "potted up deeply" to the point where the stems separate.

The most vigorous of the other individual plants in the post 5 photo have also been potted up.

You have quite a connection to Norway! I checked out Sverre Lie. He was chief of the pediatric clinic at the Rikshospital, became a Knight of the St Olav's Order, and was named by the Prime Minister as an UN adviser with the goal of reducing childhood mortality after his retirement. It sounds like you are related to the affluent Norwegian Gentry. The trip you took is similar to the classic one we've taken family on, and sent friends on, called "Norway in a Nutshell".

Last edited by sjamesNorway; May 4, 2015 at 02:38 AM. Reason: clarification
sjamesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote