View Single Post
Old November 9, 2011   #74
JackE
Tomatovillian™

Howdy Compadre -

I'm going to use two spring-loaded, brass check valves. That should do it. We don't have any backflow preventers on our house system - nobody worries about building codes out here - but I'm careful! The house well is not used for anything else but the house.

Last night's rain was enough to cover an island in the middle of our lake. It looks like the lake is 2-3 inches higher. It's a start in the right direction. Did y'all get some of that rain over there?

I find myself in an awkward position - if it rains and the lake fills this winter, my DW will be very critical of my spending all this money on a drip system! She assured me it would rain soon and the lake would would refill if we just prayed hard enough.

My dilemma gives a whole new meaning to the word "ambivalent."! If it doesn't rain, I'll have to live with the limited water from the well. If it does rain, I'll be in trouble with my wife for wasting significant bucks!! I always seem to do that - whatever happens it will all be my fault! The story of my life!
JackE is offline   Reply With Quote