View Single Post
Old September 19, 2018   #13
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

A week ago you had 5 husks per plant and they are now nickel quarter sized fruits? But still just 5 each with no more recruitment? I just had a bunch more I picked last week, a full 10x20 tray from those plants I have in the raised bed. Whenever I posted last (says a week ago but seems longer) I had picked everything of size. So that full 10x20 developed from small to full in that time. It has not been 90s here, more like humid 70s. There are a bunch more on and the plants still look very healthy.

Assuming they are being pollinated (mine are like crazy by bumblebees) I would think they would go to full size, but is it worth it to you? I don't know. I wish I could give you some of mine to try but that's the problem with the internets. I made that salsa verde again, but it wasn't as good this time. I think I went crazy on garlic and used some el cheapo lime juice instead of "real lime". I tend to do that with recipes, try to tailor them prematurely. I have to go back read it and follow it closely next time.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote