View Single Post
Old June 4, 2017   #20
Merediana
Tomatovillian™

I finally got some pics from my tomatoes... They are now in their containers since mid may and doing well. All plants have buds or flowers, Candy Sweet Icicle, Sungold and Black Cherry already have some green fruits.

Candy Sweet Icicle is the most surprising one, it brings out more flower trusses than any other tomato here, I already had this variety last year but could't remember that. This pic is about a week old, they are already much lager now.

This is Lucid Gem (left) and Primrose Gage, while Lucid Gem puts out quite a bunch of flowers and starts to set fruit, Primrose Gage grows tall but has very few flowers so far, very big distance in between trusses

This is Auria and my garden chaos, it's described as a wispy plant, yes it is kind of wispy, but not nearly as fine as other wispy varieties which is a plus. The amount of flowers is quite ok so far.

These are my groundcherries, groundcherries are not common at all here in Germany and I couldn't find much information how to germinate them, so I haven't been lucky at all. Poor germination, one packed did not germinate at all, the other one took me like 3 weeks for half of them popping up so I certainly did something wrong. Ended up with only 5 plants because I dropped the tray with the seedlings and got a bunch of broken stems But those are loaded with many many fruits!

This one is Black Cherry, not many trusses, but more flowers than usual on each truss:

Sungold on the other hand has lots of smaller trusses:

This poor plant is Afternoond Delight and another victim of me being clumsy I dropped it and did break the main stem, so I'm growing out 2 suckers. Obviously this did set the plant back, no flowers so far.

This is one of many dwarfs, at the moment I'm not to sure if it was a good decision to try out so many dwarfs in one season. They look cute and all, but seem to be a bit late?! Not many flowers yet and these are the only varieties that are dropping flowers like crazy right now But probably they are just a bit late because I did leave them bushy while all the others are pruned?

Beside that I'm trying Yacon this year, paid a fortune for a plant but since I planted it, it looks worse and worse Luckily all the other things I'm trying seem to love it here.
Merediana is offline   Reply With Quote