View Single Post
Old July 1, 2017   #3
barbamWY
Tomatovillian™

I am stumped. I will have a bluish plant and then a green leaved plant next to it. I always test low in nitrogen here. Last year I used alfalfa meal and fish kelp and the soil test results came back low again in nitrogen and I was given the amount of blood meal to add as well as gypsum and I followed the advice as to the amount and measured. Our local CSA farmer friend thought an overdose in nitrogen too but the results say not. But I can test with a home test to check again. These plants do have some old cottonwood leaves as mulch and I do have some wood chips that I can use as well that are beginning to decompose. I don't understand the shiny metallic look as if they are possessed. I have not used any Miracle Grow or such. I did also test low in potassium. I have a drip system with a timer and I suspect I do need to water more. It also seems strange that the last two years and not previous years I have seen the blue tinge. My horticulturist friend thought aerial spraying but no one is growing crops close to us.
I appreciate that you answered me and offered suggestions.
Here is another picture. http://www.tomatoville.com/album.php...pictureid=2633
Barb

Last edited by barbamWY; July 1, 2017 at 08:14 PM. Reason: grammer
barbamWY is offline   Reply With Quote