View Single Post
Old June 13, 2014   #18
mensplace
Tomatovillian™

EXCELLENT...and a very accurate depiction of life for so many of us. I am glad that I was raised in the fifties and sixties. I have my chair from which I think and observe, as in cogitating upon all that is. Some simply have no awareness that there are so many who can't have the large gardens. It took me two years just to walk again without my left leg dragging. Once climbed a tree with the riding mower when I couldn't get to the brake. Wrote a book in my mind the other day about the coming singularity and computer control of everything that is reachable through nets. Otherwise, I live totally in the now. I enjoy today today. nobody knows about tomorrow. As an emergency room chaplain after my main career, I saw many a life totally changed in a minute. Even in my career positions were guaranteed for life...until the weren't. Life savings were aplenty until 40% disappeared in a week. Life changes and you either change or you don't. Still, I thought it would be a good thing for those who could never manage a large garden, much less run a tiller, or simply don't have large expanses of space to have a means to not only grow something, but to be enabled to do something. We used to have community, values, belief systems and SO much more, but most haven't a clue. America will be what she shall be, but it will not be the America of our forefathers regardless. Not a judgment, but a simple acknowledgement. Not negative or positive but a recognition of what is.
mensplace is offline   Reply With Quote