View Single Post
Old June 21, 2018   #360
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Yes, I was referring to the picture you show, perhaps bad memory on post 77,I apologize and we've been round and around about what is being shown as well. But that was clarified by Paco in Spain several years ago.

Mark, do you remember the thread you put up in WANTED,looking for multiflora varieties,I do,and all of this was discussed back then.

Carolyn

Carolyn
YES, how could I forget? I hope the ones pictured, at least one, preferably the fasciated one, is Colgar 100.

The problem getting big MF's is most crosses would involve a small fruited variety, and small fruit is dominant. But I think zipcode is thinking megabloom = King flowers. I'll have to see if I am growing anything with the f gene... I remember about 10 years ago growing Early Santa Clara, which either preceded Santa Clara Canner, or was SCC with the f gene. I just checked SCC/ESC and:

ESC = Cultivar probably originated in Italy, since 1890. Large, indeterminate plant, fruit very large, oblate, multiloculed, soft. Improvements by Canners League, UCD, Ferry Morse Seed Co. 3/2006: accession seg.s for anthocyanin deficiency.
"f" is a recessive gene, there were 15 accessions last time I checked, HOWEVER, there is also a version with a DOMINANT allele!

"Fruits many-loculed; phenotype more extreme than original allele of f; carpels unfused; dominant allele."
It showed up in at least a Guatamalan variety.

My money is on Riestomate!
korney19 is offline   Reply With Quote